Vtape Seeks Distribution Coordinator
VTAPE SEEKS DISTRIBUTION COORDINATOR
Deadline for applications: July 28, 2014
Vtape, Canada’s largest distributor of independent video art, is seeking a dynamic Distribution Coordinator. Working closely with Vtape’s Distribution Director and other staff, the Distribution Coordinator will be responsible for:
- adding new artist and video information to the Vtape collection and managing an inventory of over 5,000 works
- meeting with artists to provide an introduction to the organization and how we operate, discuss contracts and inventory needs, etc.
- learning about the material in the distribution catalogue and providing previews of works for festivals, educators and curators
- assisting the Distribution Director in meetings with artists to develop distribution strategies for their works, and in the creation of promotional materials and festival packages
- updating and maintaining Vtape’s artist and client information database and updating the organization’s website
- acquiring and maintaining artists’ contracts and materials, such as video files and master tapes, stills, CVs, reviews, etc.
- interacting with the public: orientations for curators and programmers, academics, students and visiting school groups
- interested in a career in the arts and the not-for-profit media arts sector
- self-motivated, very well-organized, able to work towards multiple deadlines
- a person with strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Mac savvy
- quick to learn new skills and applications
- comfortable working in a cooperative environment, within a small staff structure
The following would be assets in this position:
- familiarity with video art and media arts
- familiarity with or experience in a not-for-profit arts organization
- knowledge of video tape and digital video file formats
- fluency in French and/or other languages in addition to English
- familiarity with FileMaker Pro and other common Mac applications
- familiarity with web-based applications and social media platforms such as WordPress, Facebook, Dropbox, WeTransfer and MailChimp
This is a 4-day (28-hour-per-week) permanent position, beginning August 11, 2014. Salary begins at $24,000 per year, with a benefits package and potential for professional development.
Send CV and cover letter (PDF attachments only) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Distribution Coordinator Application” in the subject line.
No phone calls or email inquiries please. Applications must be received by July 28, 2014.
Vtape is an equal-opportunity employer, and is committed to cultural equity and non-discrimination. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
http://www.vtape.org/event/job-posting-distribution-coordinatorPosted on: July 10, 2014, by : Doyali